Saturday, May 09, 2009

There's a lot going on lately.

For some reason, I haven't been paying too much attention to things I should have payed attention to.

It starts with the Nativ course, a course in Judaism and zionistic identity designed for those who serve in the IDF but haven't been born in Israel, or those who are not recognized as Jewish - both of which are my cases. So I started this course, the people are awesome, the acommodations more than fair and the food a dream - in the IDF's standards, of course. There has been a change in my thinking towards the possibility of going through conversion. From my point of view, conversion was never an issue that I saw as needed - since I felt like a Jew. Over the last couple of weeks, I got interested in Judaism and attracted to the idea of conversion. It's not the feeling I'm pursuing, as I said, I feel just like any other Jew. I'm not pursuing the idea of getting married through orthodox Judaism, therefore the only option is civil marriage somewhere in Europe - fine for me. But what I found is that I do want to learn to keep certain traditions, fufill certain Jewish commandments and have something to pass on to my family in the future. I was never raised as a Jew, nor was my father, however it is important for me now that I live in this country. So that's a little bit of what's going on with this course. There are many lessons I will be posting soon that gave me another perspective on Judaism.

There has been another forgotten matter. A big project I should be working on with my stepfather which will soon be uncovered. All I can say is that it has to do with Israel and spreading Zionism. Ideas keep filtering in but it seems impossible. But I do enjoy the challenge.

More - although I think about it every day, writting. I keep getting ideas and more scenes into my mind but I really don't know where to start. I keep hesitating about getting a laptop for this task, but something really pushes me to try and write. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home