Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Two things, 'cuz it's late.

First, I got less than a week left until I have to leave it all and go learn the basics of Zionism. Army, yes.

Second, and more or less a bad thing I must learn to live with, my height is final. No doctor in these days will recommend the use of massive doses of hormones to stretch me a few more centimeters. Disappointment in general as I heard it from the doctor, but in some way a relief. I wasn't so easy about the hormone thing. Having studied biology, I can say that I wouldn't recommend that myself. I did my best and checked. However, one lesson one must learn in order to keep straight and succeeding. Never give up.

So, I happened to hear that a flight to space usually releases some space between our vertebras, space that gravity prevents us from using during our growing stage on earth, making up to 3 more centimeters in space between them, if the flight is for more than 10 days. There is another option less connected to earth but possible. According to GATTACA, a science fiction movie on genetics in which a guy pretends to be someone else in order to be an astronaut. For that goal he must have another man's height. Theoretically speaking, there was an ancient operation invented by a Chinese doctor in which one's legs are cut and stretched a bit, so the bone will regenerate and make a few more centimeters in the end, the movie shows such operation and as I read, it was done in some cases in ancient China.

I will say that the first option sounds better. I will do my best, three centimeters are three centimeters and as long as it is an option, I'm looking forward for it! :)

Good night my friend,

P.S. Did you hear that tall people die younger? The heart can barely stand the stress caused by height and collapses, in most cases, earlier than in short people. Being short got its advantages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home