Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Hey there. I actually got some news for you.
Well, life in general is hard, for some pessimistic (rather say, ultra-pessimistic) ones and also for those who tend to invent the good parts of it as a hobby. Yes, just about a lot of things are, how to say it, a "not-very-nice-thing". But there is many times the support of others around us. People like us, those who know God.

As my recruitment date was approaching, back in July this year, I knew very well that God was in charge of everything. Even though I felt totally lost and didn't like quite much the Israeli Combat Engineering Corps back then, I knew that there was someone bigger preparing everything for me. I knew that I wouldn't go to a place where he knew it will be too difficult for me, or too boring. Maybe too tempting. He knew it all and all I could do was throw myself in a free fall to his will. I missed one thing.

Yesterday a friend of mine came to check my place for the pre-recruitment party with the youth from my congregation. We sat by the view of Jerusalem's sun sliding into the mountains, with the assistance of a fresh (or cold) breeze to enable it's 3D effect. He started asking about things I would like to share as part of my testimony, a legacy for those who are about to start all this thing of exams and more exams and interviews to all different units and parts of the IDF. I said I would love to share about my experience with the hard system of the army and bureaucracy in different fields - my recruitment date change included. He asked if I would like to share about anything that God lead me to during this time, that will help others. I said that I would love everyone to free themselves a week in the summer to go to a course I took last summer that helped me a lot. It is a great 5 day course for Jewish believers entering the IDF. All my questions were answered there. He concluded asking about anything I might want to pray about. All I could think of was that I really wanted some other believer to be with me in the Combat Engineering Corps. It was 4:40 PM. I added someone to Facebook the same day who also will be recruited in November. At around 6 I left a message, asking if he was joining the Combat Engineering Corps. At 8:30 PM, four hours after I prayed about it I got a message from him. He was.

I wasn't serious. I asked that mostly joking. I knew this guy was about to join another brigade. His second option was the Engineers and apparently the Kfir Brigade was full - so for the IDF that means the second option.

Lesson learned - ask, and you shall be given.

Want another one?
I knew that I needed to buy a lot of equipment that is not given by the IDF. I calculated that it won't be that expensive, but it turned out to be. I really felt that I should ask from my congregation to help me with that. I didn't want to, because I thought that was not right in some way. I did, some days ago.

Today I saw my pastor on my way to meet his wife and two youth leaders to prepare things for the party. He said, "You know, we decided to give you the money", "We decided, and my son (who is a commander in the Armoured Corps) said its a nice sum, to give you 1500 shekels (equ. 380 dollars) because you need to buy a lot of stuff". It was more than I thought they could give me and all I could say was: "Thanks a lot". I am the only one in my congregation who is being recruited this year for combat service, therefore they saw the need to support me while I'm preparing for it. He even asked, after seeing some wires in my hands: "Tell me, have you got already an MP3 player?" and I showed him the one that was in my hands. Dunno what he meant, but it sounded as if I just blew a gift the congregation wanted to give me in addition to the monetary help. Again, ask and you shall be given.

I really feel that I must start taking seriously all things I want in the army. To pray for them is the active thing that God requires, for he to give us abundantly. A gift given requires an action - receiving, and that is our prayer and the thanks we give for it before hand. If we do not show our hands, how could he know we trully need/desire something?

Good night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sirja said...

Hey! Bikarti achshav bablog haze shelcha achare mamash harbe zmn... veani kol kach smecha lishmoa eich Elohim ana lecha al hatfilot! Hu mamash nehedar! Ani kol kach smecha shejesh lecha mishu maamin shama batsava.
Etsli gam karu male dvarim meanjenim bazman haacharon. Elohim ana leharbe tfilot vehetchil laasot avoda bi vebamishpacha sheli... Ani margisha shehu mevi oti lemashu meanjen bachaim karega :)...
Behatslacha bagius. Ata betfilotai achi!

Shiria

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 12:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home